The City Administrator is accountable to oversee the day-to-day management of the operations of the City and that City services are delivered and provided to the citizens efficiently and effectively.
It is the City Administrator's responsibility to:
- make recommendations of programs, policies, operations and the budget to the City Council;
- provide information to the City Council to aid in decision making;
- serve as the City liaison for several organizations and entities;
- keep the City Council advised of the conditions of the City including the budget and other operations;
- ensure that City operations and conducted efficiently and effectively;
- carry out the policies and goals set forth by the City Council;
- address citizen's concerns;
- oversee over 15 departments and divisions consisting of more than 200 employees.
The City Administrator is in charge of the following departments:
Ambulance, Building and Neighborhood Services, City Clerk, Engineering, Finance, Fire, Development Services, Operation & Maintenance, Parks, Police, Recreation, and the Volunteer Program.
City Administrator Brent Trout can be contacted via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by phone at (641) 421-2701.